Sunday 15 December 2013

ApplauseStore X Factor Semi-Finals


For those of you who do not know, ApplauseStore.com is one of the websites that issue television and radio audience tickets around the world.  For anyone living in London, there are masses of shows which you can apply for such as Britain's Got Talent, Celebrity Juice, TopGear and many many more.  The best thing about the audience tickets is that they are free.  Yes you heard me correctly, absolutely and completely free.  I applied for the X Factor Semi-Finals a few weeks ago (not really expecting anything to come from it), which made me pleasantly surprised when an email popped into my inbox informing me that I had successfully secured two standby tickets for the X Factor Semi-Finals on Saturday 7th December 2013.  Standby tickets mean that if they have room (after priority tickets) then you are allowed entry.  I decided to take my boyfriend with me and when I say take that pretty much means forced.  We took the mindset that if we were allowed entry, super! and if not then we would go to the movies for a date night.  However I was still very excited about the prospect of seeing Nicole Scherzinger's face.

The doors where due to open at 18:45, but I read some reviews about people being turned away due to full capacity even though they arrived 3 or 4 hours early.  This concerned me so I made sure we left in plenty of time, but sadly this meant queuing for a couple of hours in the freezing cold.  It wasn't raining so this did lift my spirits, but I couldn't feel my toes for the majority of the evening!  We had no issues securing a seat and the stage was much smaller then I anticipated but this made it feel quite intimate.  The actual event was very staged i.e. we were told when to dance, when to clap, when to cheer, when to boo etc, but I pretty much expected that going into it.  It was a really nice evening if you fancy something a little different to usual.  Definitely a must do activity when you are living in London!




No comments:

Post a Comment